Thai-style fish cakes with mango slaw
You won’t believe how easy this recipe is, and yet it is full of fragrant Thai flavours and is ready in only twenty minutes.
- 1 bunch coriander, including stalks and roots, washed well (reserve ½ cup leaves for salad and NaNoz)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 18oz firm white boneless, skinless fish fillets, coarsely chopped
- 10 green beans, finely sliced (2mm wide)
- 18oz ready-made coleslaw mix
- 1 firm mango, thinly sliced
- Put the coriander stalks, roots and most of the leaves in a food processor. Add the sweet chilli sauce, the fish sauce, lime zest, 1 tablespoon lime juice and egg and blend for 10–15 seconds, or until coriander is well chopped. Add cornflour and fish, process for 15-20 seconds, or until well blended. Tip mixture into a bowl and stir through green beans.
- Scoop out ¼ cup of mix, flatten slightly and place onto a tray. Repeat. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add a drizzle of oil and the fish cakes. Cook for about 3–4 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and cooked through in middle.
- Add remaining lime juice to coleslaw mix along with a drizzle of olive oil, reserved coriander leaves and mango. Toss together and serve alongside fish cakes.