Sweet strawberries are paired with aromatic lemon thyme in this beautiful chilled soup recipe that’s perfect for special occasions.
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh lemon thyme or thyme
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lowfat buttermilk (optional)
- Lemon peel strips and/or fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
- Combine strawberries and 1 cup buttermilk in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until very smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in shredded lemon peel and the chopped thyme. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours to blend flavors.
- To serve, strain soup, discarding the shredded lemon peel and the chopped thyme. Stir in honey. Ladle chilled soup into small bowls. If desired, swirl 1½ teaspoons buttermilk into each serving and garnish with lemon peel strips and/or fresh thyme sprigs.