- 1–2 lbs. (450 g–1 kg) beef fillet
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of yogurt
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tsp. Arabic spice mix (black pepper, nutmeg, cardamom, cinnamon, dried ginger)
- 2 tbsp. corn-starch
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut beef fillet into medium pieces. Heat olive oil in a cooking pot and add meat.
- Let it brown on each side for about 5 minutes. Add water to cover meat, also place bay leaves, stir and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Continue to add water to cover meat. Dissolve 2 tablespoons of corn-starch in a cold water to form a slurry. Add corn-starch slurry, yogurt, spices and garlic into the meat stew, stir continuously in one direction.
- This dish is best served with rice.