- 1 duck, 4–5 lbs. (2–3 kg)
- ½ cup shredded almonds
- 5 tangerines
- 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup fennel, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- This dish takes a bit of preparation, as the duck needs to be refrigerated overnight. One day before, the duck should be cleaned and excess fat removed.
- On the day of the cooking, preheat your oven to 475° F (250° C). Take the duck and prick the skin carefully using a fork, without piercing the meat.
- In a bowl, combine 4 peeled tangerines and two oranges with the sugar, and mash them using a fork until the sugar is well mixed. Add almonds, celery, fennel, and half of tangerine peel into the mix.
- Stuff the mixture inside the duck’s cavity. This mixture will enhance the flavour of the duck during the cooking.
- Cut the remaining two tangerines in half, and rub all over the duck’s skin. Add salt and pepper and sprinkle tangerine peel over the duck.
- Place the duck in a roasting pan and roast the duck for about 20–30 minutes, and then reduce heat to 350° F (175° C) and roast for another 20 minutes. Turn the temperature up to get the duck crispy and cook it for 10 minutes.