- 12 raw medium-sized shrimps without shells and heads
- 2 chopped serrano chilies
- 4 limes, freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 red onion, sliced finely
- 2 tbsp. chopped cucumber
- Slices of avocado for serving
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut the shrimps along the length.
- Put on the plate, season with salt and wrap in plastic.
- Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Pestle chilies in a mortar, season with salt and add some water. Continue doing so until you mash the mix well and chilies are separated into very small bits. You can do the same with help of immersion blender. Pour lime juice and season it with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine chili and lime marinade with shrimps.
- Add onion and cucumber. Season the dish with salt and pepper again.
- Classic Mexican Aguachile is served with slices of avocado.