For Pomegranate Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp. shallot (finely minced)
- 1 tbsp. pomegranate molasses
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. thyme, fresh and chopped
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. water
For Salad and Squash
- 1 squash
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. thyme, without stems
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- Several twists of freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups radicchio
- 6 cups endive
- 1 cup of baby arugula
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup roasted and slivered nuts (walnuts or pistachios)
- 1/3 cup of crumbled soft fresh goat cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- To prepare dressing: combine all ingredients in a bowl, add olive oil and set aside.
- To prepare squash: preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Peel, seed, and cut the squash. The pieces should be about half an inch.
- Put pieces of squash on the baking sheet. Sprinkle oil and toss squash to coat with oil.
- Arrange squash in one layer. Drizzle thyme and seasoning.
- Roast for about 30 minutes until it becomes tender. Then chill squash.
- Combine squash, arugula and radicchio.
- Add vinaigrette dressing and mix it carefully.
- Put the salad on the plate and serve with nuts, crumbles of goat cheese and pomegranate seeds on top.