- 5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup of dried white wine
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 bunch basil
- ½ cup black olives
- Pinch sugar
- Italian seasoning mix
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Skin the tomatoes by pouring hot water on them.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, and add onions, tomatoes, and garlic. Cook for about 15 minutes, until the tomatoes are just starting to break down.
- Add white wine, oregano and Italian seasoning mix. Stir in the olives, sugar, balsamic, and basil, and then season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for a further minute or so, and then serve hot over the preferred pasta.