Brown Risotto with Porcini “Love me tender”
1 cup of vegetable stock
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
250g porcini, sliced and washed
300g brown rice
2 tbsp of white wine
handful parsley & dill
- Pre-cook brown rice, boil it for 20 min, then drain the water and set it aside.
- Heat the oil in deep frying pan over a medium flame. Add the onions, porcini and cook for 10 min.
- Stir in rice, and vegetable stock. Cook for another 10 min.
- Season risotto with spices, add wine and close the lead. Cook for another 5 min.
- Add butter, parsley, dill and parmesan. Let the cheese melt and serve it with love.
Women’s Watch Trends 2017
Ladies watch trends in 2017 are all about minimalist designs, sporty elegance, smart capabilities, leather straps, luxurious gold tones, timeless whites and blue shades. Enduring trends in timepieces such as big watches, rose gold and ceramic watches are still in style in 2017.
#1: Minimalist Watches
Pared-back minimalist watches that exude effortless style and an understated luxury and possess a timeless elegance and sophistication reign right now.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication and less is more. A simple minimalist watch will go with everything, bring the best out of your look, and will catch the eye in all its simplicity.
Add Dutch-cool style to your looks with timepieces like Daniel Wellington, The Horse, Cluse, Larsson & Jennings, Skagen and more.
#2: Sporty Elegance
Sports luxe watches for women with an athletic aesthetic and luxurious elegance are a hot trend right now in line with one of the hottest fashion trend of the moment – athleisure.
Chic and dressy yet bold and sporty, they’re perfect for laid-back agendas – sunny Saturday afternoons leisurely shopping trips, late brunches, and coffee breaks.
They have cool style with rubber and silicone bands, large sizes, sporty features like water resistance and stopwatch capabilities, and luxurious features such as gold tones and sparkly crystal adornments.
Top brands for sporty elegant watches include Invicta, Technomarine, Mulco, Lacoste, Tommy Hilfiger, Casio, Michael Kors, Guess among others.
#3: Luxurious Gold Tones
Gold is classic, versatile and a top favorite tone when it comes to watches. Always stylish and fashionable, yellow gold timepieces are some of the most popular in 2017.
Nothing makes a statement quite like yellow gold watches! A gold timepiece is a striking piece of jewelry and fashion accessory. The flashy finish guarantees that the watch will be noticed.
Yes, rose gold watches are still in style in 2017! The rose gold trend has actually lasted longer than you can imagine. Rose gold first became fashionable at the beginning of the 19th century.
This rosy tone looks good on all kinds of skin tones and pairs well with other jewelry pieces. A perfect alternative for those who don’t like the flashness of yellow gold.
Choose a rose gold tone metal bracelet or mesh watch or white leather, silicone and rubber straps with a rose gold case and bejeweled bezel to make the everyday glamorous or add extra sparkle to a special occasion.
#4: Leather Watches
Leather watches are hot and there are lots of styles and colors to try. Leather straps in neutral browns, blacks, blues, pinks, and whites. Smooth, textured, to embossed.
Double leather wrap watch bands in neutral as well as vibrant colors are a top strap style right now. A double strap gives a watch a fashionable and sophisticated edge.
Glamorous leather watches with be-jeweled bezels.
#5: Timeless Whites and Sparkle
Leather, rubber and silicone straps in timeless whites attached to yellow gold and rose gold cases and bejeweled bezels. The result: stunning and attention-grabbing timepieces to grace the wrist and add sparkle to outfits.
Orecchiette with Rabbit “Don’t Let me Go”
- 2 cups of cooked orecchiette
- 1lb of rabbit fillet meat (approx 450 gr)
- 0.5lb of broccoli (approx 200 gr)
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. of capers
- 1 zucchini
- Fresh parsley
- Mediterranean spice mix
- Parmesan to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook Orecchiette according to pack instructions (to make it al dente, don’t cook them all the way). Set aside when it’s ready.
- In a wok, preheat olive oil, cut rabbit meat into small cubes. Place rabbit and stir meat frequently until its sizzling for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add half a cup of wine, close with a lead and let it cook for 10 min.
- Chop broccoli and zucchini into small cubes. Add the rest of the wine to the wok, broccoli, zucchini, capers and spice mix. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Mix meat sauce with pasta, serve with parmesan and parsley.
The Best 10 Cities to Live in
Movers and shakers
‘Challenges to livability’
Most livable cities 2017:
“Back to Sleep” Campaign
Despite a 23-year campaign urging that babies be put to bed on their backs, only 43.7% of US mothers report that they both intend to use this method and actually do so all the time, according to a new study.
A racial disparity
Tartan & Checks Trend: How To Style In Fall-Winter
If you are looking for a classic print that can update modern silhouettes, then I advice you to try tartan and checks trend. I want to share with you some of the best ways how you can style it this fall season. This print is back the style agenda. The thing about tartan is the functionality during the cold weather. Fashion brings colorful and bright interpretations from classic to grunge styles by offering us bold new styling choices. This traditional pattern explores new horizons by appearing in various colors and sizes.
The fun side lies in the endless styling opportunities, by choosing unexpected outfits or keeping it look clean. Anyway, let me share with you some ideas on how to wear it:
The innovative heritage piece
Rethink classic checks with pieces, which feature interesting details such as bright embroidery.
Never underestimate the power of a printed suit, especially when worn with bold accessories.
Also, remember to switch it up by layering with casual pieces, like a hoodie or bomber jacket.
Not only for kilts, tartan can be found on gorgeous modern pieces, like a pair of wide-leg culottes.
Think outside the box
This trend is certainly not limited, so don’t forget about bold harlequin-inspired numbers.
And don’t be scared to contrast your printed trousers with other bright pieces, like in this fabulous look…
A touch of romance
With added flirty details, like ruffles and soft flounces, this preppy print gets a brilliant makeover.
Gingham is Glorious
Gingham is here to stay, so make the most of it!
Children’s whims – the tactics of behavior for parents
Childhood – a time of constant change and attempts to adapt to them. Preschool and school children of younger age scare happening to them change, it causes stress How to beat stress? Create an oasis and a variety of forms of reaction, including – children’s whims.
When the children cry at his younger brother or sister, slams the door, say hurtful things parents – it’s often a veiled cry for help, but the child can not admit it even to himself. Typically, children begin whims about three years, and the offensive end of adolescence. Transitional age – the period of emotional turmoil . Mood swings, a protest against anything, dissatisfaction with themselves and others at teenagers not called caprices, because of all this there are objective reasons – the sharp fluctuations in hormonal levels, changes in body perception, the emergence of mass psychological problems. No wonder, if because of this people sometimes lose control.
A young child or preschooler reasons to be upset, it seems, is not – he still cloudless, carefree childhood, which is necessary to enjoy and when the baby does not behave in the best way, they say that he whim.
Causes of childhood whims
|In fact, the life of young children is not as rosy as it seems. Of course, it should be great to sleep for twelve hours a day, eat cooked food for you, and all the free time to devote to games. However, in two years, children go through a personal crisis: they have just learned to walk and use a variety of tools, and strive as much as possible to explore the world, and at the same time, they are afraid that it may detect. Finally, they are afraid of the idea that the parents, whom they trust so as never to trust anyone will not suddenly disappear somewhere. In addition, parents sometimes behave strangely. From time to time they make a child to do something against his will, and is sometimes very hard say “no” – from the perspective of the child, they do it just like that.|
Even if you gently justifies its ban (“No, dear, do not need to take this knife for cutting meat, you can cut yourself”), two year old child still does not understand what you are doing it for the sake of his safety. Because it makes the parents – the people, whom he loves very much, and who trust – the refusal may be perceived as a sign that the child does not like. It causes fear and often leads to the whims – the child is not so much want to get the knife, how to make sure that it is still expensive to their parents. This logic may seem strange, but because the children really do not think like adults. The pain felt by children in situations comparable to that experienced by adults who changes the favorite person.
When a child is three or four years, he begins to realize that his parents will not abandon, no matter what happens, and the reasons are the whims of others. At this age the child already understands that he – not a single entity with the parents, and begins to strive to fulfill their own desires. When it does not work (you refuse to buy a child a toy for the fifteenth month, or try to put him to bed too early – in his opinion), he begins to protest. More often than not the whims of that age are accompanied to spreading anything that comes to hand, and even aggression against others. The reason for this is quite simple. If an adult, with its advanced speech, words can explain the reason for his anger, the child it is not capable of, and uses the skills developed in his best – large motor skills.
In addition, young children are still not well developed frontal lobe of the brain – areas that are responsible for planning, logical thinking, memory and self-control. Therefore, children are literally living in the moment and not thinking about the consequences, can throw glass on the wall (or in person), grab the dog by the tail, and so on.
Poorly functioning frontal lobes are also responsible for the fact that in children there is practically no sense of time, and the call to be patient and wait for them – almost empty phrase. They want the cake, which will bake for another half hour, right now, and do not want to wait a couple of hours until the rain will pass, and you can go for a walk.
You should not consider himself a bad parent if your kids act up – as long as it is extremely difficult to behave differently.
How to cope with children’s whims
- Do not pay too much attention
Warning adults only fuels the whims of children, and sometimes leads to hysteria. If a child acts up, go about their business for a while and give it to yourself. Gradually he calmed down, and even to draw some conclusions from the situation.
- Do not buy good behavior
Many parents are tempted to take the path of least resistance, and yield to the requirements of the children to stop whims. They stop, but only temporarily. Some time later, the child starts to act up again, this time with a clear purpose – to get what you want.
- Find a child activity
Sometimes the cause of the vagaries of becoming bored. Carried away the child something – for example, drawing or sports, that in his life there is no room for boredom.
- Distract the child
If your child is prone to the vagaries of, try to switch his attention. Play music, sing him a lullaby Lullabies: universal hypnotic Give him an interesting toy – many children quickly forget about their problems when their attention seizes a new object.
- Walk with your child
Shortage of fresh air could be one reason for the capricious behavior. Walk with the child for a walk every day, rain or shine; Exceptions are possible only in the days when he is ill.
Avocado and Roasted Beet Salad “Health kick”
- 4 beets of medium size
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 package of salad mixed greens
- 2 tbsp. olive oil + some for sprinkling on the beets
- ½ cup water
- 1 chopped sweet onion
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Dash Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup roasted walnuts, slivered
- Crumbled feta to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sprinkle the beets with olive oil. Put the beets in a baking dish, add water. Season the beets.
- Put the beets into the preheated oven at 350°F (175°C). Cover the beets tightly with special paper or foil.
- The cooking time is about 70-80 minutes or more if needed until tender. Use knife to check the readiness.
- Peel roasted beets, cut them into cubes. Put the beets to a bowl and put it aside.
- To make a dressing: place the following ingredients to the blender: onion, freshly squeezed lemon juice, vinegar, maple syrup, and mustard. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Blend all this until smooth. When the food processor is running, add olive oil and canola oil to the ingredients.
- Combine salad greens, beets and pieces of avocado. Add onion dressing to the dish and mix it carefully.
- Toss feta and walnuts before serving.
Asparagus Soup “Ecstasy”
- 2 lb. (1 kg) fresh green asparagus, trimmed
- 8 cups water
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup minced white onions
- ½ cup minced leeks
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. dried oregano seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 4 hard-boiled quail eggs, halved
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add the water to a saucepan and season with salt and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and cook onions and leeks. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the mixture for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic, flour, parsley and oregano and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add cooked asparagus and the liquid. Bring the liquid to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, or until the asparagus is very tender.
- Place the mixture to a blender and puree the soup until smooth.
- Put the soup back to the saucepan and add in the cream.
- Remove soup from the heat and chill it. Before serving, garnish soup with creme fraiche and quail eggs.
Mediterranean Sauce “Delightful”
- 5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup of dried white wine
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 bunch basil
- ½ cup black olives
- Pinch sugar
- Italian seasoning mix
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Skin the tomatoes by pouring hot water on them.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, and add onions, tomatoes, and garlic. Cook for about 15 minutes, until the tomatoes are just starting to break down.
- Add white wine, oregano and Italian seasoning mix. Stir in the olives, sugar, balsamic, and basil, and then season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for a further minute or so, and then serve hot over the preferred pasta.