- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 tbsp. cornmeal
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can of flake coconut
- 1 can of crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 unbaked pastry shell
- Combine sugar, cornmeal, and flour in a large bowl; add eggs and vanilla, stirring until blended.
- Stir in melted butter, coconut, and pineapple, and pour the mixture into unbaked pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° F (200° C) for forty minutes.
- Cover cake with aluminium foil and bake for another twenty minutes.