- 3 big red beets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 3 heaping tbsp. tahini
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon, squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. water (warm)
- ½ tsp. of each: cumin, coriander, paprika
- 2 tbsp. rosemary
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Roasted beet hummus is served with:
- Toasted slices of little baguette or pita chips
- Vegetables available at home such as radishes, cucumbers etc.
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. roasted pine nuts
- Soak chickpeas overnight.
- Drain and cook in a saucepan with water for an hour after you brought it to the boil.
- Drain chickpeas when ready and put them aside.
- Sprinkle olive oil on beets and wrap them in foil along with garlic.
- Place the wrapped beets into the preheated oven at 400 °F (205 °C).
- Take them out in 40 minutes. The roasted beet should be tender enough when it is ready. Let it cool.
- Peel beets when they cooled off.
- Chop and transfer the beets to the blender along with roasted garlic.
- Add tahini, freshly squeezed lemon juice, chickpeas, spices and season the mix with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Humus is served with baguette, pita chips. Use parsley, sesame seeds and roasted pine nuts as garnish.