- 1 lb. (450 g) beef shank
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tomato, peeled
- ½ cup of chopped celery
- ½ cup of chopped carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh red chilli
- 1 tbsp. Hungarian paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sauté onions in the pan, and add the beef when onions are slightly cooked.
- Lower the heat and add carrot, the paprika and chilli, and mix well.
- Add a cup of water, and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat again.
- When the meat is half-cooked, add the green pepper, celery, garlic, and tomato.
- Simmer, over moderate heat, until the meat is tender. Serve with boiled or mashed potatoes.