Four main Fashion Weeks in New York, London, Milan and Paris recently revealed key fashion trends for spring/summer 2014. I am happy to report that this spring/summer season designers created a feminine, romantic look with a playful, sexy twist. What’s trending this summer? Bold jewel-encrusted jackets, chic leather outfits, soft pastel colours, especially mint, white and pink colour were the favourites on the catwalk as well, sheer lace dresses, and exotic floral prints. ‘Must have’ pieces are pleated skirts, see through dresses, off-the-shoulder gown, leather jacket and a hippie style outfit. As always, I am looking for a perfect feminine business look and these are my favourites:
1. Burberry Prorsum presented a great collection with a lot of feminine and romantic looks. Interesting combinations of soft pastel colours like baby blue, pink and mint. There is lots of silk and lace in the collection. These outfits would be ideally great in the office and at the cocktail parties.
2. Roksanda Ilincic showed a colourful palette of yellow, orange and a creative combination of white and black colours. My favourites are sunshine coloured dresses with white and black stripes. These dresses definitely stand out; they will make you feel fabulous in and outside of the office. Dress to impress with yellow this season.
3. I love the girly girl look by Chanel. Karl Lagerfeld dressed his models in comfortable sneakers during Paris Fashion Week. In NYC many women wear sneakers to work where they change into pumps in the office. This Chanel collection goes well with both, high heels for a more glamorous and classic look and with sneakers for a school girl style.
4. Ralph Lauren’s white suit has been a big hit during NYC Fashion Week. Many designers presented white as the dominating colour trend in the spring/summer 2014 but mainly in dresses and tops. White is definitely a royal colour, this is how the lady makes a statement. And I think Ralph Lauren’s white suit gives that extra charm and makes a business look strong and irresistible at the same time. ￼
5. Elie Saab offers many attractive and eye-catching floral prints that will make a woman look feminine and glamorous at the same time. Flower variations range from hand painted variants to huge floral collages. Great option for a business casual but chic Friday look. ￼ ￼
As a bonus, this is what I found for you, these pieces are on the budget, and you can wear this look now and don’t have to wait until spring. New spring/summer chic by Marc Jacobs and Topshop.